Benefits of adopting a senior pet:
• Research tells us that companion animals, such as cats and dogs, can help improve our physical and mental health. By adopting and spending time with an animal friend, our elderly residents can experience the benefits of lowered stress levels and blood pressure.
• Cats and dogs provide friendship for lonely individuals, and open opportunities for interacting with others which an older person may miss if family is far away.
• The company of a beloved pet has been proven to reduce depression.
• The quiet and doting home of a senior citizen is the perfect match for an older animal looking for a new home.
• Senior animals are often gentler, offering calmer companionship and they are already trained.
This program has been made possible by special grants from both the Petco Foundation and our Community Foundation of Broward. They have helped make Seniors4Seniors a huge success.
Call Us: 954-609-3284
Paws South Florida Rescue has been named "The Best Place to Adopt a Pet in Broward County" by the Broward/Palm Beach New Times. July, 2015. Click here.
For the Best Cat and Kitten Adoptions in Broward
Our Seniors4Seniors cat adoption program
PAWS South Florida’s Seniors4Seniors adoption program is all about senior humans rediscovering the joys of having a cat in their lives. The program places senior cats (typically over 7 years of age) with senior citizens who are 60 years of age or older.
PAWS’ expert matchmakers will help you select a companion who fits into your lifestyle and housing situation.